Nina Ricci Jewelry (1945-today)
Nina Ricci together with her son Robert founded the haute couture house in 1932. She designed gowns while her son managed the business and finances. Her son proved to be an astute businessman as well as a creative designer with a highly developed sense of beauty. Nina Ricci designs soon became known for the refined romantic always feminine feeling.
During World War II the House of Nina Ricci expanded to perfume, leather goods and accessories such as scarves and jewelry. Costume jewelry of that period is very rare and thus collectable.
In 1948 the fragrance L’Air du Temps was launched, which is the brand’s most popular fragrance until today.