Juliana/DeLizza & Elster Jewelry (1947-1990).
Juliana/DeLizza & Elster Jewelry was founded in 1947 by William DeLizza and Harold Elster in New York. William’s sons Frank and Anthony joined the company soon after.
In the 1960s the company began to produce costume jewelry that has come to be known and loved by the name Juliana.
The characteristic of Juliana jewelry was their use of large colourful rhinestones. Also, navettes were used a lot, especially thin ones, art glass, kite-shaped and other unusual stones in intense colours.
Early Juliana pieces with colourful rhinestones were not marked. In 1967 a paper hang tag made its appearance to mark pieces, however, Juliana continued to not mark its jewelry.
In addition to their brand,
DeLizza & Elster produced jewelry for many other brands such as Weiss, Alice Caviness, Coro, Kramer, Kenneth Jay Lane, Parklane, Karu Arke, Hattie Carnegie and Yves Saint Laurent.