Cadoro Jewelry (1954-1987)
Cadoro jewelry was founded by Steven Brody and Daniel Staneskieu in 1954 in New York City.
Cadoro was launched on Fifth Avenue and became known for inventive jewelry, handcrafted using crystals, rhinestones, gold and silver toned metals, seed pearls and natural stones.
In 1969, Cadoro designed body jewelry inspired by the statue of Venus found in Pompeii, in the form of filigree bras and breastplates to wear with see-through clothing.
Collections were retailed by high-end retailers such as Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus counting among its clients the Duchess of Windsor and Barbara Streisand.
Cadoro jewelry is collected worldwide and is displayed in Museum collections such as that of the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Museum of Modern art, New York.